Sunday, October 03, 2004

PPCW - She Who Shines in the Sun & Glows in the Moon

SHE

She WHO?

She

She who is me

SHE

She whose green eyes blaze from within

She Who sees indigo visions

She whose symbol is sacred: spiral, sun, moon phases, directions

She Who dances in passionate rhythms as though the spirits caress her every movement

She Who sings from her soul

She Who has been loved, has given love, has lost love and kept love, missed love, kept love away, loved deeply, she who is love

She Who speaks

She Who has, keeps and tells great stories

She Who creates

She who seeks wisdom

She Who observes, records, remembers, relates

She whose high tides often bring big floods

She who expresses and emotes

She who

She Who is Capricorn Sun, Pisces Moon, Virgo Rising

She WHO?

She Who is and brings light

Who am I?

Whom do I choose to be?

Whom would I choose to be if I considered it my choice?

She Who What?

I am creating she who I would choose to be

She who learns

She who radiates peace, light, and joy

She who lives fully and well

She who has desirable voices and places for them to be heard.

She who gives because she can

She who is blessed with meaningful kinship’s

She who gives and receives love

She who gives and receives wise council

She whose smile brightens a room and touches a heart

She whose eyes see soul to soul

She who is blessed with abundance

She who contributes

She who listens and hears

She who heals and is healed

She who is courageous

She who has fun and is fun

She whose mind, body, & soul are in harmony

She who creates

She who is connected

She who is magical

She who is sacred and divine

She who is me


(Inspired by the She Who poems - Judy Grahn)

Inspiration & Artists Notes:

Upon much thought and reflection, I concluded that for me, the theme I most recognized throughout the work examined, is Identity. Judy Grahn's work: She Who, The Common Woman Poems, Queen of Wands, Queen of Swords, all have many layers, but identity is a strong common theme. Who the characters are: to themselves, in relation to or in the perceived opinion of society, to the author, to the reader, to the other characters, and how for some there are different roles for different places, are the essence of these writings. I found myself identifying with many aspects.

The Common Woman Poems had the most profound impact on me. I could relate to some part of each piece and suspect that most women could. Throughout my quest to survive a devastating loss, I began to define my own identity consciously, over the past few years. Perhaps that is why, the theme of identity was so apparent to me.

No comments: