Thursday, October 07, 2004

WCP - Wings


Watercolor - Approximately 8.5x11 - prints for sale $15.00 each


Artists Notes:
I believe that most little girls (and probably boys too) dream of having their own wings. I often imagined that mine were deeply colorful, sheer, shiny and very beautiful. The soul seems restricted in this physical form and weighed down, wings remind me to lighten up, to think of angels and faeries. One of my favorite mediations involves imaging yourself to be flying over a beautiful hillside and I like to imagine that these wings carry me. See Butterfly notes above in Common Symbols post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mc - A recurring dream of mine is that I am flying, but I don't have wings. I move about by moving my head, up, down, left right, and at angles. It's a terrific dream, it recurs, and when I wake I wonder why I didn't have wings. The strangest part is that I picture wings in my mind... and you have drawn them!